Clearwater, Florida Employment and HR Attorneys
Browse top Employment and HR Attorneys and Law Firms in Clearwater, Florida below.
Employment - HR Law Overview and Information
Human resource management is the function that assists organizations in achieving goals by obtaining and maintaining effective employees. Some of the responsibilities of human resource management include:
* Workforce training
* Ensuring legal compliance and communication of industrial relations policies and procedures
* Participation in grievance and disciplinary hearings
* Carrying out termination and hiring procedures
* Evaluation and management of organizational climate and employee relations
* Dealing with labor unions
* Executing outcomes of collective bargaining and negotiation
* Developing compensation strategies
* Designing compensation structures
* Managing overall labor costs
* Conducting HR research
Attorneys in this practice area typically represent business with regard to establishing and administering employee benefit programs and compliance with state and federal laws in hiring, termination, and discipline of employees. Other issues handled may include criminal background investigations, discrimination, drug testing and employee privacy in the workplace and immigrant workers, among others.